WMDD 24h Live Stream
Please note that the deadline to submit content was 23 July, 2021!
On September 18, 2021, World Marrow Donor Day will be held for the 7th time.
We are very excited to announce this year’s activity to organise a 24-hour live stream! And you can participate! How? By submitting any engaging content, e.g. actions like baking a WMDD cake or organising a donor drive, donor and patient stories, messages, speeches, interviews, book readings to inspire people to become a donor or any other interesting/entertaining content you can think of.
See detailed instructions on how to create content and how to submit it to us by clicking on the button below:
Join the live stream
WHY A LIVE STREAM?
In order to reach a global audience and to provide a platform for our community to participate in the celebration of WMDD 2021 virtually.
WHAT KIND OF CONTENT?
Mostly pre-recorded video content, not longer than 20 min, use of the local language (but English subtitles provided), edited and ready to use.
You can think of:
- Performances (i.e. music, spoken word, dance)
- Actions (i.e. lighting up building, parachute jump, baking a WMDD cake)
- Donor and patient stories or donor/patient meetings
- Messages, speeches or interviews on various topics related to WMDD (i.e. from donors, patients, family members, physicians, couriers, politicians)
- Any other interesting/entertaining content you can think of (i.e. Zoom or other virtual meeting recordings, TED talks)
WHERE WILL THE STREAM BE VISIBLE?
We will stream from the WMDD Youtube channel, on our website and on Facebook.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Anyone, any organisation can submit content. As long as the content is created around the general WMDD theme ‘thank you donor’, and as long as the instructions for creating content are followed as well.
See for more details and instructions on how to create content and how to submit it to us by clicking on the button below:
Should you have any questions, or should you need help, please contact the WMDA office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live stream is supported by: